Tuesday, July 17, 2012

“Vagabond Thoughts….”

[Many of Barbie Angell’s poems have interesting back stories, & if you want to learn more about this one, check out this post on her site. But the great thing is her poems stand on their own, independent of inside info!]

Vagabond Thoughts….


You were a part of my speech.,
the unexplained break in my voice.
You wrote the song in my head,
and I promise this wasn’t my choice.

You were the spin of the stars,
the sweet chaos of all I could see.
You haven’t uncovered the truth
of the wonder and magic of me.

You were the start of a thought
that I was too cautious to think.
Unable to fend off your charms,
you lured my heart to the brink.

You were a part of my speech.
A whisper too loud to ignore.
The voice that coaxed me to sleep,
the one this poem is for.

Barbie Angell
© 2011

4 comments:

  1. You were the start of a thought
    that I was too cautious to think.


    I don't know what it is about these lines, but they got into my head and made my brain squirm, but in a good way.

    I also love the opening lines, and the general tone of the poem, the feeling of having someone get under your skin to the point where they're part of the gap in thought and the pause in breath.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you hkatz. : ) that's exactly what it is & i love the way you describe it. you always seem to understand my writing in a way that few others do. i appreciate you taking the time to read it & to offer me your thoughts.

    thanks again. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you cheryl! : ) i'm happy you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by & sharing your thoughts. Please do note, however, that this blog no longer accepts anonymous comments. All comments are moderated. Thanks for your patience.