Thursday, June 9, 2011

For Eberle

A photo of Eberle & I in our old (hippie) farmhouse, with friends, almost 10 years ago.

A lot happens over time—Eberle & I have been involved since 1997.  We’ve had so many good times over the years—fun with music, with working the land & building things, fun with cats & llamas & of course, one particular parrot, & guinea hens & chickens (& the occasional stray dog) who’ve shared our land, as well as the many stuffed animals who share our home (& many more have come to live here since this shot was taken!); fun with trips & fun with staying at home & watching our various beloved films & TV shows (with special emphasis on Ray Harryhausen movies, 30s Screwball comedies, silent films, all the Star Trek franchises, Poirot, Miss Marple, Perry Mason, Foyle’s War, Julia Child & the original Japanese Iron Chef).

& we’ve had trials too: difficult family situations, chronic illness, the challenges of living in an isolated area, differences about religion (Eberle’s a devout Catholic, & I’m agnostic), & money problems.  Right now, the latter is a significant strain.

But thru it all, there’s no one I’d rather be with than her, & no matter how low things may seem to get, or how trying specific circumstances may be at a given time, I believe we’ll manage & come thru these dark patches into a new day.

7 comments:

  1. I wish you both the best, that you'll come through the dark patches as you say.

    This is a beautiful post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi HKatz: Thanks so much! Your good wishes mean a lot, as has your loyal support of both Eberle & my blogging ventures--very much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great picture and a heart-warming post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I missed this yesterday, but I'm so glad I noticed it today!
    This is a wonderful photograph and it is clear that you were very happy at that time. You've been through (and continue to work through) so much together and despite the hard times and your differences, it's obvious that there is a deep, abiding love and a great deal of strength in your relationship. I wish you nothing but the best and I send my love and encouragement and prayers too!

    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kat: Thanks so much--your friendship & your encourgement both mean a lot!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by & sharing your thoughts. Please do note, however, that this blog no longer accepts anonymous comments. All comments are moderated. Thanks for your patience.