Tuesday, February 19, 2013

We Interrupt our Regular Programming….


Hello friends, & a happy Tuesday to you.

Today would normally be the day we read one of A.K. Barkley’s poetic offerings, but sadly, that will be delayed this week. Mr Barkley has quite a busy schedule at times. But he has assured me he’ll have something ready in time for a Wednesday morning post, so I decided to cut him some slack.

Briefly, in other blog news: Probably obvious, but Monday Morning Blues is on indefinite hiatus. The fact is, I just don’t really have much to say about blues music these days. Although as a performer I’ll always keep my hand in with the blues, my personal focus is in different directions at this time. I have moved the link down the page, but you can still use that to access past posts.

Despite my “burnout” on the blues, at least in terms of writing, I am going to keep the Any Woman’s Blues series going at least until I work through the list of performers I compiled way back when. The series will be returning in March, but with a difference: each Monday in March will be an installment in the Any Woman’s Blues series. Then I plan on taking a couple of months off for other musical features, & probably returning with Any Woman’s Blues in June—& so forth. I’m hoping this posting schedule will work well for me & enable me to bring the series to the conclusion I’d planned.

Speaking of my musical direction, you probably have noticed the link to my public musician’s Facebook page, which for the time being is serving me as a website; here’s the link. Since it’s a public page, anyone can go there & view all the content, whether they have a Facebook account or not. If you do have an account, “likes” are very welcome & appreciated, as it helps me to get my material out to more people. I will occasionally post some of my original music on the blog, but the majority of it will be found on the Facebook page, at least for the foreseeable future. You can also see photos of me in various bands & with various guitars & other instruments past & present. Once I get a webcam that wants to cooperate, there will be videos as well.

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by & sharing your thoughts. Please do note, however, that this blog no longer accepts anonymous comments. All comments are moderated. Thanks for your patience.