Tuesday, March 22, 2011

"So you know"

[I'd kind of misplaced my dear friend L.E. Leone, but I've found her again!  Here's her latest, a sweet love poem—enjoy!]

So you know

There's a lot of real
Estate between the hippy
Dippy free love ass-
Hole and the clingy co-
Dependent. There’s a doable
Double wide where you and I
Or any other couple can be
Unafraid, intoxicatingly
In love, entertainingly inter-
Twined with still plenty of
Air and outsideness, our
Skinned knees and silly words, heart-
Felt as felt hats with feathers
In them, twice as goofy,
Three times as strong, and half
As lonely, as independent as
Ever, where the distance
Between lips can contain a novel
Or a French fry, I'm just
Saying.


L.E. Leone
© 2011

6 comments:

  1. Hi K: I like it too. I think NoLa has had a good effect on L.E.!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is good - love the flow of the wording.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jhon: Thanks--so glad you liked L.E.'s poem!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the playfulness of the poem, and it's sweet too without being sappy.

    I like this part especially:
    Unafraid, intoxicatingly
    In love, entertainingly inter-
    Twined with still plenty of
    Air and outsideness

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi HKatz: That is a nice passage! So glad you liked L.E.'s poem!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by & sharing your thoughts. Please do note, however, that this blog no longer accepts anonymous comments. All comments are moderated. Thanks for your patience.