Wednesday, June 19, 2013

"psalm"

psalm

I give you the wings of an angel
and make you to soar to great heights
unlike icarus
you are free to touch the sun
and I drop the currents of the air
send you to plummet into the cresting waves
and the depths of the sea

it is I who put the air into your lungs
and I will take it out again
you breathe as I will it
as though My hand were around your neck
to crush and release you
as only I desire it

You are My child
and My touch is on you
in the rain
which falls on your brow
as a seal to bind you
to My heart

I will give you
and I will take you away again


I water the garden
but you must work the earth

Mairi Graham-Shaw
© 2013




Image links to its source on Wiki Commons
The Garden of Earthly Delights, inner left wing (Paradise) - Hieronymus Bosch
(between 1480 and 1505)
public domain

1 comment:

  1. Hey John, you crossed my mind and I thought I would check on you. How is your summer going? The above poem is lovely and loving. As always thanks for sharing the beauty you find. Take care!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by & sharing your thoughts. Please do note, however, that this blog no longer accepts anonymous comments. All comments are moderated. Thanks for your patience.